Deploy the Bomgar Virtual Appliance OVA File
- Open the email you received from Bomgar Technical Support and click the link to download the Bomgar Virtual Appliance.ova file.
- Log into your virtual infrastructure client. You must use an account with permissions to deploy a virtual machine as an OVF template. Follow the process to deploy an OVF template.
- In the Source section of the deployment wizard, select the Bomgar Virtual Appliance.ova file.
- Review the OVF template details.
- Read and accept the end user license agreement.
- Specify a name for this OVF template and select a location in the inventory to which you have rights.
- Select a configuration of Small, Medium, or Large. This selection defines your default resource allocations. Choose your configuration based on your usage needs and available resources.
- Choose the host or cluster on which you want to run the Bomgar Virtual Appliance. Select a location to which you have rights.
- Select a resource pool to which you have rights.
- Select the datastore on which you want the virtual appliance to run. This is where the operating system and session data is stored.
- Select how the data should be provisioned. If you are unsure of which to select, choose Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed.
- Select the appropriate network mapping for your environment. Your virtual appliance can function anywhere in your network with internet access. However, if you are going to access systems outside of your network, for optimum security Bomgar recommends that you place the virtual appliance in a DMZ or outside of your internal firewall. Network location considerations are outlined in the table below.
For detailed information about network locations, see The Bomgar Appliance in the Network.
Outside your firewall
Does not require that ports 80 and 443 be open inbound for TCP traffic on your firewall.
May require additional setup depending on your router or routers.
Inside your firewall
Requires port forwarding on your firewall and possibly additional setup of your NAT routing and internal DNS.
- Go back to the email you received from Bomgar Technical Support and copy the Appliance License Key. In the deployment wizard, paste the key into the field.
Note: If for some reason you are unable to provide the Appliance License Key at this time, you can manually enter it later, from the virtual machine console. It is recommended that you enter the key now for the sake of simplicity.
- Review your settings and click Finish.
- The virtual appliance will deploy in the location and with the resources you specified.