Install the Bomgar Appliance in Your Server Rack
- Identifying the Rail Kit Contents
Locate the components for installing the rail kit assembly:
- Two A7 Dell ReadyRails II sliding rail assemblies (1)
- Two hook and loop straps (2)
- Installing and Removing Tool-less Rails (Square Hole or Round Hole Racks)
Position the left and right rail end pieces labeled FRONT facing inward and orient each end piece to seat in the holes on the front side of the vertical rack flanges (1).
Align each end piece in the bottom and top holes of the desired U spaces (2).
Engage the back end of the rail until it fully seats on the vertical rack flange and the latch clicks into place. Repeat these steps to position and seat the front end piece on the vertical rack flange (3).
To remove the rails, pull the latch release button on the end piece midpoint and unseat each rail (4).
- Installing and Removing Tooled Rails (Threaded Hole Racks)
Note: The tooled rail mounting configuration requires eight user-supplied screws: #10-32, #12-24, #M5, or #M6. The head diameter of the screws must be less than 10 mm (0.4”).
Remove the pins from the front and rear mounting brackets using a flat-tipped screwdriver (1).
Pull and rotate the rail latch sub-assemblies to remove them from the mounting brackets (2).
Attach the left and right mounting rails to the front vertical rack flanges using two pairs of screws (3).
Slide the left and right back brackets forward against the rear vertical rack flanges and attach them using two pairs of screws (4).
- Installing the System in a Rack
Pull the inner slide rails out of the rack until they lock into place (1).
Locate the rear rail standoff on each side of the system and lower them into the rear J-slots on the slide assemblies (2).
Rotate the system downward until all the rail standoffs are seated in the J-slots (3).
Push the system inward until the lock levers click into place. Press the slide-release lock buttons on both rails and slide the system into the rack (4).
- Removing the System from the Rack
Locate the lock levers on the sides of the inner rails (1).
Unlock each lever by rotating it up to its release position (2).
Grasp the sides of the system firmly and pull it forward until the rail standoffs are at the front of the J-slots. Lift the system up and away from the rack and place it on a level surface (3).
- Engaging and Releasing the Slam Latch
Facing the front, locate the slam latch on either side of the system (1).
The latches engage automatically as the system is pushed into the rack and are released by pulling up on the latches (2).
To secure the system for shipment in the rack or for other unstable environments, locate the hard-mount screw under each latch and tighten each screw with a #2 Phillips screwdriver (3).
- Routing the Cables
Locate the outer CMA brackets on the interior sides of both rack flanges (1).
Bundle the cables gently, pulling them clear of the system connectors to the left and right sides (2).
Thread the hook and loop straps through the tooled slots on the outer CMA brackets on each side of the system to secure the cable bundles (3).
Note: For your convenience, your appliance includes an optional Cable Management accessory kit which can further improve cable routing at the rear of the appliance. Refer to the detailed instructions included with the kit if you would like to install this accessory.
Power On the Bomgar Appliance
- Plug the power cables for the Bomgar Appliance into a safe power source. Depending on the type of appliance, you may have two power cables. The appliance’s power supplies will automatically switch between 120v and 240v, as needed.
- Using one of the patch cables provided, connect your computer to NIC1 or NIC2 on the rear of the Bomgar Appliance. You can use either crossover or straight-through cables.
Note: Bomgar supports placing both NICs on the same network for the purpose of NIC Teaming. Likewise, NICs can be placed on separate network subnets for segmented traffic routing. However, if placing NICs on the same network for the purpose of NIC Teaming, configure only one of the NICs. If both NICs have IP addresses from the same subnet, unexpected behavior will result. When multiple IP addresses are required for a single subnet, the proper solution is to assign all the IP address to one NIC.
- Press and release the power button on the front of the appliance. The power LED immediately to the right of the reset button will illuminate, and the HDD activity LED (immediately to the right of the power LED) will begin to flash. Initialization of the Bomgar Appliance will complete in about 60 seconds.
Note: The NIC1 and NIC2 LEDs may illuminate and show activity even when the appliance is not powered on; therefore, it is important to check the power and HDD LEDs to confirm that the appliance is on.