This guide walks you through the initial setup and configuration of your Bomgar Appliance. Should you need any assistance, please contact Bomgar Support at www.bomgar.com/support.
Before you begin, please make sure you have the following system requirements and information.
- One or two available power outlets, depending on your appliance
- A high-speed network connection
- A static IP address for the Bomgar Appliance
- A private DNS A-record resolving to the static IP of your Virtual Appliance. A public A-record and public IP will also be required if external clients will need access to the appliance.
- The appropriate default gateway and subnet mask on your network for the Bomgar Appliance
In order for the software running on your Bomgar Appliance to work correctly, you will need to provide Bomgar with the hostname you registered in DNS, such as support.example.com. This DNS record may be private, public, or both, depending on what networks require access to the appliance. See Network Location Recommendations for the Bomgar Appliance for details.
- Plug the power cables for the Bomgar Appliance into a safe power source. Depending on the type of appliance, you may have two power cables. The appliance’s power supplies will automatically switch between 120v and 240v, as needed.
- Using one of the patch cables provided, connect your computer to NIC1 or NIC2 on the rear of the Bomgar Appliance. You can use either crossover or straight-through cables.
- Press and release the power button on the front of the appliance. The power LED immediately to the right of the reset button will illuminate, and the HDD activity LED (immediately to the right of the power LED) will begin to flash. Initialization of the Bomgar Appliance will complete in about 60 seconds.
Please note that the NIC1 and NIC2 LEDs may illuminate and show activity even when the appliance is not powered on; therefore, it is important to reference the power and HDD LEDs to confirm that the appliance is on.